What is Shared Hosting?
When you’re in the process of launching your first site, hosting is one of the most important but complicated aspects.
When it’s time to decide where to host your site, you’re going to have multiple choices available to you. In addition to deciding on which company you want to host your site with it is also necessary to decide which hosting plan is best for you.
Understanding the differences between various hosting types and plans is crucial for your site’s success, as well as your budget. Shared web hosting is the best solution for new websites. As a basic-level service, it’s also ideal for simple websites or anyone with a low budget.
Actually Shared hosting works by hosting multiple websites on a single server. Some have compared shared hosting to a public vehicle system Because it is cheap & affordable and allows users to share resources with other users. More than hundreds of websites can be hosted on a single server.
Hosting a website on a shared server comes with its own strengths as well as limitations that can hinder your site’s performance if you go for it without understanding how it works and what type of website it is meant for.
How Shared Web Hosting Works?
Shared hosting is an arrangement in which many websites are hosted on a single server. Resources such as disk space, CPU, and memory are shared, and costs are divided between all the users on that server. It is the basic plan provided by the web hosting companies. Shared Hosting is less expensive and it will comfortable for the website whose traffic or require considerable space is low.
How much does Share Hosting Cost?
Generally, The cost of shared hosting depends on the level of service a web host provides. We can expect to pay $1 to $25 a month for space on a shared server.
Selecting a Shared Hosting Package
As a beginner, it can be confusing to sort out all the different types of web hosting that are available. Learning more about shared hosting providers and how this particular kind of hosting works is essential if you want to make an informed decision when buying your first hosting plan.
Are you think a shared hosting plan is a right choice for you and your site? Whether you’re a small-business owner, blogger, web designer, or developer, HostPoco offers one of the best low-cost, secure, and high-performing shared hosting solutions on the market. We understand the importance of a high-speed loading website hence designed some cheaper and cost-effective web hosting solutions based on SSD Web Hosting.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
If you’re on a tight budget and don’t want to spend too much time worrying about the technical aspects of managing a website. Then you can get many advantages to using shared hosting.
- It’s Very Affordable – The biggest advantage of shared web hosting is that, it is usually offered at extremely affordable rates with unmetered disk space, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited websites.
- It’s very flexible – you can choose shared plans that fit the needs of your growing website. For example, If you need a new website or cloud storage or even more FTP customers, then you may change to an upgrade plan that offers the features you need.
- Easy to manage – Shared hosting is simple and straightforward to set up. Many providers offer a control panel to manage your website. This simplified user interface manages the administrative tasks as well as other monitoring duties associated with running a server.
- User-friendly – No technical maintenance requirements to be done on your end to the server, as this is usually included in part of your hosting package.
Disadvantages of shared hosting?
On another side, Shared hosting has a lot of disadvantages. If you are careful about the hosting provider and plan you choose, then doesn’t have to be a major problem.
- Limited Resources Availability – As you would have realized by now your website gets to use very limited resources on shared hosting. So, if you want to try to add some resource-intensive functionality to your website, you may be out of luck.
- Security issues – This probably is one of the biggest disadvantages of shared hosting because of which you should just stay away from it. If anyone’s website on a server gets hacked, then other websites also come under potential threat. And if the server itself gets hacked, Every website on the server goes with it. So, without any mistake of your own, your website is at risk in a shared hosting environment.
- Possible slowdowns – As previously discussed, the definition of shared hosting includes sharing resources like CPU power and memory. Because of this, it’s possible that a spike in activity will bring out a lag in your website. Most of the time changes in speed are barely detected.
Main things To Consider When Selecting a Shared Hosting Plan:
We understand what has shared website hosting is and the benefits of shared web hosting. you will need to explore the factors that can contribute towards the best results for selecting shared hosting.
5- Easy to use dashboard
In this blog, HostPoco has mentioned some of the advantages and disadvantages of shared hosting that can affect your business. It is very important to choose the right kind of Web hosting service for your website to get more users to visit your site and also rank higher in search engines. We hope that this blog can help you have a better understanding of what is shared hosting and its limitations!